cool deck removal

At some point in the next couple of weeks I would like to begin removing the old cool deck surrounding the pool. Deck drainage has been a problem that I intend to address at the same time. I plan to re-surface with another cool deck. Any suggestions as far as removing the present cool deck?

Reply to
jvan

I was here when they installed my pool - and the deck they put in was a regular concrete deck with a "cool deck" topping. It was splattered on - does not cover the entire surface - it looked like very thick paint but it had a "rubber" like feel so you wouldn't slip down. Mine has worn off and needs to be replaced - also there are places where water has dripped down and left "pock marks" in the cement.

If you figure out how to make it look better please let me know.

Dorothy

Reply to
Dorot29701