Cooking with a time bomb? - Grill "exploded"

I am not a doctor, but it is my understanding that the natural and permanent cessation of menstruation often causes hot flashes. Try asking in alt.support.menopause.

Reply to
tm

I remember one time, I had invited the entire family over for dinner. Now mind you, as the youngest of 25 kids; when I say the entire family, I'm talking between 200 - 300 people.

Now, the time came to prepare the steaks/brauts/hamburgers/dogs/livers/gizzards/crows feet; and also making sure the hamburger buns were toasted.

And so, I fired up the good old grill that the friendly folks at Sams club assured me was quite safe; and, seeing as how it was made of, or at least appeared to be made of, stainless steel, I knew it was manufactured with only the highest of quality standards.

The problem was, I forgot that the stash of M-764 grenades I had bought

30 years ago, I had also placed in the grill for safe storage.

Whoops.

Well, I fired up the grill, not knowing, or even realising the chain of events I had placed into motion.

It wasn't 10 minutes after initial grill flame up that Aunt Ethel's head was anything more that an ornament upon the smokestack of my fireplace.

Uncle Ted? Ha. Well, lets just say the fish ate well that day.

I could go on.

But I won't.

Just don't store any M-764's you may have laying around the house in the new grill you bought at Sams club, Stainless Steel or not, OK?

Thanks.

Reply to
Matt

Thank you !

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
jdoe

I'm guessing this was a very rare event. It otherwise seems like a nice grill, and there was good customer support.

--Art

Reply to
Art M

"Art M" wrote in news:fc9be.17238$Z73.4455@lakeread04:

The heat spreaders are pieces of metal that the gas flame heats and then re-radiates the heat to simulate cooking over real coals.The grease drips on the hot metal and burns allegedly like it would if dripped on hot coals.

It's possible if the metal is hollow,that moisture condensed inside when cool,and then heating it created steam and overpressurized the tubes. That would be my guess.

Give me a REAL charcoal grill any day.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Reply to
jdoe

The OP did note that it was bought at Sams club. If anybody wants a good example of how things are cheapened to meet wallys low price price demands this is it.

Reply to
George

Wow! You'd be so much of a pussy to actually need to bring the person behind a dumpster, to conceal what you were doing?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Fergusen

You obviously have no respect for traditions established over many years in the old country (Queens, Brooklyn, NJ). Some things need to be done discreetly, unless you wanna end up in a new home with 2 skinny beds, metal bars, and a roommate who's not of your choosing.

Reply to
Doug Kanter