Cooking with a time bomb? - Grill "exploded"

Page 2 of 2

put it on. Larry

I'm guessing this was a very rare event. It otherwise seems like a nice grill, and there was good customer support.
--Art
It's all shine and no substance. That's why it goes back everything inside it has gone to rust and dust. Sure the outside is nice but I don't cook on the outside. Every internal part has to be replaced (I mean every one) and I don't care to own a product I need to rebuild every 12 to 15 months.

The heat spreaders are pieces of metal that the gas flame heats and then re-radiates the heat to simulate cooking over real coals.The grease drips on the hot metal and burns allegedly like it would if dripped on hot coals.
It's possible if the metal is hollow,that moisture condensed inside when cool,and then heating it created steam and overpressurized the tubes. That would be my guess.
Give me a REAL charcoal grill any day.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Ransley farts again.

Art M writes:

Didn't you find a finger in some Wendy's chili recently?

You might want to try asking in alt.food.barbecue. Ain't much about grills those cats don't know. Crossposted for your convenience. Followups set there as well.
I would think for that to happen, the flame must have went out at some point and then gas collected and then was resparked by flaming grease or something or else gas must collect while cooking and not ignite. Check if it has some kind of shut off like a gas waterheater would have. If not, install one. You do not want your children or your hand to be the victim of this.
I remember one time, I had invited the entire family over for dinner. Now mind you, as the youngest of 25 kids; when I say the entire family, I'm talking between 200 - 300 people.
Now, the time came to prepare the steaks/brauts/hamburgers/dogs/livers/gizzards/crows feet; and also making sure the hamburger buns were toasted.
And so, I fired up the good old grill that the friendly folks at Sams club assured me was quite safe; and, seeing as how it was made of, or at least appeared to be made of, stainless steel, I knew it was manufactured with only the highest of quality standards.
The problem was, I forgot that the stash of M-764 grenades I had bought 30 years ago, I had also placed in the grill for safe storage.
Whoops.
Well, I fired up the grill, not knowing, or even realising the chain of events I had placed into motion.
It wasn't 10 minutes after initial grill flame up that Aunt Ethel's head was anything more that an ornament upon the smokestack of my fireplace.
Uncle Ted? Ha. Well, lets just say the fish ate well that day.
I could go on.
But I won't.
Just don't store any M-764's you may have laying around the house in the new grill you bought at Sams club, Stainless Steel or not, OK?
Thanks.