cooking oil on laminate floor

Our installer was cleaning up a mess of levelling compound on our newly laid laminate floor. He asked me for some cooking oil and then went down to the basement floor and started cleaning. I did not see him using it. When he went home I checked the floor out and there is a greasy film on our floor over one third of it. I tried washing with a damp mop and it is just smearing. I tried using a damp mop and a commercial laminate floor cleaner and it still did not do the job. Where he did not use the oil the floor looks nice. How do I get this mess cleaned up. Please help I am stressing over this. Thanks in advance
-- The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
Spray (with a hand sprayer) the area with a fine mist of any general purpose kitchen cleaner and immediately wipe clean with dry towels. You may have to repeat the spray/mop-up a couple of times. Don't use oven cleaner sprays.
-ken

stop pay on his money till he fixes the problem

Full strenghth vinegar?
--

Memory was given to mortals so that they might
have roses in December.