Conveyor belt to move rubble out of basement

Hi,
does anyone know of anywhere that one might rent portable conveyor belts that are capable of carrying rock, rubble, dirt and other debri from a basement up to ground level and probably directly into a bin? I was told there was such a device, but can't find anything like it.
thanks

If you find one can I borrow it?

You should be able to rent one, especially at a rental company that has professional construction equipment. Try RSC at http:// www.rscrental.com/Content/RentEquipment/RentalEquipment/ categories.aspx.

Depending on where you are and just what you're trying to move, you might be able to find a bale loader/stacker -- some are just drag links so not suitable for loose dirt/rock/etc., but others do have continuous belt.

What volume of material & size distribution are we talking about?
What kind of access to the basement? existing stairway or just crawlspace access?
You might consider renting a vacuum excavator.....not cheap but a big one can move many tons per hour.
btw just for comparison a shop vac can move about 1 gallon per minute of moist sand (about 8 cu ft / hr) . We did an experiment at work to settle an argument about weather is was possible to move 1800 "gallons" (~ 13 tons / ~240 cu ft) of moist sand with a shop vac ....estimated time ~30 hours!
How long the shop vac would last is another question. :)
I guess that's why real vacuum excavators exist.
cheers Bob

If your experimental work wasn't so shoddy, we'd all have the answer to that question by now ;-)
Malcolm Hoar wrote:

So you ruin a couple of shop-vacs for the project. Still cheaper, faster, and less labor intensive than a shovel.

yeah but he'll have 200 hrs of vac work & nearly 60 yds of dirt to get rid of!
Sorry but I stopped the experimental work after proof of concept stage & the realization that would take 30 hours of vac work to move the 240 cu ft. (~13 tons) Needed a faster (more hp) solution.
OP, where are you going to dump this stuff?
cheers Bob
The basement is about 30 by 35. I will be digging about 1.5 foot. Where can i find these things that you guys are talking about? I live in near the New York City area (just outside in the suburbs of westchester).