Converting Weber BBQ From LP To NG, and Vice Versa

Just got through yesterday with swapping the burners and manifold on my Weber LP BBQ with my sister-in-law's NG unit, since she lost her source for Natural Gas when she moved, and I recently had my gas line extended to my BBQ area.

I've heard that the difference between the two is the manifold/burners but visually I couldn't tell any difference. FWIW, the burner orifices looked identical. Like I said before, I swapped them anyway just to be sure.

For those of you in the know, **IS** there really any difference?

ScottO.

Reply to
ScottO

The diameter of hole in the orifice should be different. Natural gas needs to be larger.

Reply to
DanG

There is a difference. When I moved to the country and onto propane, my appliances had their orifices changed to accomodate.

Reply to
Lawrence

Hi, Between LP and NG, BTU content is different. So orifice should be different. Otherwise it won't generate as much heat with NG.

Reply to
Tony Hwang