Converting gameroom to media room, need advice

I have a 17x14 game room with 10ft ceilings that I'm trying to convert to a media room. It currently has a popcorn textured ceiling with textured walls. I am going to paint the walls and ceiling. I've come up with the following options.
1. Remove the popcorn from the ceiling and have a flat ceiling with textured walls? 2. Remove the popcorn from the ceiling and flatten the walls so the that the textures match? What would be the best way to remove the texture from the walls? 3. Keep the popcorn, paint it with a sprayer and keep the textured walls?
I'm trying to end up with a professional looking room and am looking for some advice.
Thanks!
Look professional, or sound professional? You can have both, I suppose. Leave the popcorn, as it helps to deaden reflected sound. Spray it. Twice, maybe. Put tapestry all over the walls. Pull out all the games, and stick in a big-screen with a big-old AM/FM/CD surround-sound/DVD/turntable and an 8-track behind a mechanized sliding secret panel. Okay, I'm kidding about the 8-track. The way it'll look is up to your own aesthetics, so I couldn't presume to tell you how to do that. But leather's nice. Tom Steve wrote:

Do a search on home theatres there's a number of good webs sitesfullof guy that only do that. What I remember reading they use 2 layers of sheet rock and soundproofing.
tom wrote:

Steve wrote:

If you're talking about a serious home theater, that means a front projector, so your walls and ceiling will need to be non-reflective - think dark gray.
So the textures would be a non-issue.
Go to:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=3
for lots of ideas.