Converting Ceiling heat to wall heat?

Hey guys. I'm considering converting my 1975 home's ceiling heat to wall heaters (the kind you see in most apartments, etc). I was wondering, could the old wiring for the ceiling heaters be used? Basically, the power goes into the thermostat, and then into the ceiling heaters, I want to use this already existing wiring for the wall units, and disconnect the ceiling heaters. Can this be done? I've already planned on having an electrician connect up the heaters (up to be sure), but if they can already use the wiring in the wall, that will make things much better...

Reply to
clevere

I think you're in over your head already. (No offense meant.) You need a pro to calc the heat losses and size the wall heaters properly. Then that will determine the size of the wiring and branch circuit protection.

A lot of rules may have changed in the last qtr-century; you need to check in with the bldg inspector as well.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim