Convert a Digital Line to a PBX?

I bought a used PBX full duplex speakerphone. I wonder if it's possible to use at home with digital phone service. Is there a converter of some kind from digital phone to PBX?
My Scientific Atlanta WebStar cable modem has two phone lines out. The cable guy installed something that allowed one line out to be used on my regular phone: It looks like a regular phone jack that only uses two wires from the cable modem. I wonder if I can use the cable modem to connect directly to the speakerphone, which says it's capable of doing computer VOIP?
Thanks.
Michael wrote:

would go onto your network not where your regular phone goes now. If its a digital, from a PBX, phone then it would need an adapter from digital to POTS (Plain ole telephone service) to then go into the POTS to VOIP on your cable modem (Essentially making the PBX digital just like your regular POTS phone. I know these adapters are available in reverse (to hook POTS to a PBX) but have never seen them in reverse. The PBX phones are very specialized and have a lot of features for the PBX they mate to . I'm not sure hooking up to regular phone service (or IP) would be possible if its a true PBX key set. (Even if it says IP capable on it). Some PBX systems are marketed as IP or VOIP. The IP connection is from the PBX not the phone itself.
Post back your particular phone modle and I'll try to help further.

This is exactly what I need. If I can something to convert POTS to PBX, I think this PBX Speakerphone will work. What do you recommend?
Thanks.
Michael wrote:

service in the past and may have what you want. Use google to find them.

Thanks. I appreciate it.
Michael wrote:

A phone designed to communicate with a PBX master station may, or may not, handle the simple audio from a POTS line. Probably won't.
Try it.
The liklihood of causing a problem is almost nil.