Convert a 110v to a 210v for an electric dryer

Page 2 of 2
On 3/12/2014 9:43 PM, Pavel314 wrote:

Ketchup, and transformers. They are a huge conglomeration, and make piles of money from consumers.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 03/13/2014 07:17 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

What about the car rental?
On 3/13/2014 8:47 AM, hah wrote:

See? They are taking over the world, one company and one market at a time. Some thing's got to be done! The time is now!
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 4:45:37 PM UTC-4, Pavel314 wrote:

e white ground wire from the ground buss in the box to the other hot line, giving you 220 volts, but then you run into all the other objections with a mps, watts, wire gauge, etc. Not a good idea, because if someone unknowingl y plugs the vacuum cleaner into this converted outlet, it will probably bur n out. Or up.

I actually had something like this happen when I worked in a small manufact uring plant.
An electrician installed an extra outlet in my office. The custodian burne d out two vaccuum cleaners, didn't tell me until later. But I needed to dr ill a hole for some reason I no longer remember, and it ran REAL fast. So I put a meter on the outlet.
Sure enough, he'd tapped the lighting circuit instead of running a circuit. I had 277 V, the standard leg-to-neutral industrial lighting supply.
On 3/13/2014 10:58 AM, TimR wrote:

I worked in a small manufacturing plant.

office. The custodian burned out two vaccuum cleaners, didn't tell me until later. But I needed to drill a hole for some reason I no longer remember, and it ran REAL fast. So I put a meter on the outlet.

instead of running a circuit. I had 277 V, the standard leg-to-neutral industrial lighting supply.

Someone mentioned years ago, some contractors were using a socket on the neighbor's porch. Run all kinds of tools during the day. Neighbor was upset at both the guys not asking, and the cost of the power. One day the neighbor wired the socket for 220 VAC, and the power theft stopped.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Thursday, March 13, 2014 11:13:05 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I had a neigbor always use my outdoor outlet, so I put all the outside outlets on a switch. convenient fopr christmas decorations
On Monday, March 10, 2014 6:44:01 PM UTC-4, lorie wrote:

Ignore all the wacky suggestions of a transformer. Short answer, you can't "convert". You need a 240v 30amp circuit and outlet installed. New wire from the circuit breaker box to the location. Probably not terribly diffic ult if you can get under the mobile home.
On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 10:50:03 -0700 (PDT), jamesgang

In a mobile home, it might be easier to get the power from the power pole outside. Usually a mobile home space has the service disconnect and meter if present there. You may have a spare breaker slot in that meter/main or you can find an electrician who understands feeder taps. This won't be a handyman.
On Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:46:50 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

0v,

n't "convert". You need a 240v 30amp circuit and outlet installed. New wi re from the circuit breaker box to the location. Probably not terribly dif ficult if you can get under the mobile home.

I'd shy away from that. I think doing that turns the main panel into a sub and you'd have to go into it and separate the ground and neutral. Running wire under a mobile home is fairly easy.
On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 12:35:26 -0700 (PDT), jamesgang

http://www.electriciantalk.com/f2/new-circuit-mobile-home-35874/
http://www.justanswer.com/electrical/7icy0-live-double-wide-mobile-home-wish-add-electrical.html
I haven't read these closely and wouldn't know if they were wrong even if I did.
There are more https://www.google.com/#q ding+an+electric+circuti+to+a+mobile+home
jamesgang wrote:

Maybe the folks in the trailer alongside you get their 120 volts from the opposite phase of the 240 volts, and you could string one wire from their trailer to yours to get what you need to run your dryer.
Just kidding folks, but back around 1953 I actually did something similar. I ran a 240 volt air conditioner in my college dorm room using one lead from the hot side of an outlet in my room and the other (out and in the windows) from the hot side of an outlet in the room next door. Worked just fine and we never got caught for the whole school year.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
lorie wrote:

Hi, No utility power hook up for the trailer? It ought to have 220V at breaker box.
Lorie, what an odd email address you have. Couple that with the fact that you never posted here before or returned to comment on anything said in response to your first preposterous post, I have to conclude you're just another damn incarnation of the same dull troll that tried to convince us his sink was electrified. You must lead an exceptionally dull and purposeless life if *this* is how you entertain yourself. You have my pity.
--
Bobby G.

I don't think it's the guy with the electrified sink. "Lorie" is a girl's name.
I'll bet it's his wife.
wrote in message

that

us

pity.

name.
Reminds me about the joke about Frank Zappa's decision to name his daughter "Moon Unit." As the joke went "everybody knows Moon Unit is a boy's name!"

I don't think I've ever come across a married troll. Having a wife usually means having *some* redeeming qualities, enough so that a woman decided they were worth having around. No, it's someone bordering on the psychotic with a modern form of multiple personality disorder who gets a big kick out of being someone "different" every day.
I expect the guy who *says* he's Lorie is sitting around in a garter belt and bra *pretending* to be a woman, but I strongly doubt it because a) there aren't that many women who come here, b) the ones that do seem remarkable sane and c) they're usually not mentally deficient enough to get their kicks by wasting other people's time.
Right now I'll bet he's pouring beer on his hand. Why? He's getting his "wife" drunk so she'll have sex with him. That probably comes from living most of his life with people saying: "Hey, go fu& yourself!" He finally took their advice to heart. (-:
--
Bobby G.

On Monday, March 10, 2014 6:44:01 PM UTC-4, lorie wrote:

test
On Monday, March 10, 2014 5:44:01 PM UTC-5, lorie wrote:

More than the trailer home ...