Controlling a second outl

Aprotim:
AS> I have an interesting problem. I have two lamps on opposite ends of my AS> living room - one of them is plugged in to a switched socket, the other AS> is not. Ideally, these lights would turn on and off together, and I'd AS> like a relatively low tech solution (i.e. not X10).
Personally I'd go with something like X10 too, but what about modifying a Clapper? ("Clap on! <clap clap> Clap off! <clap clap>") And speaking of Clappers, I vaguely recall there was a device that used a 'squeeky' ==> remote and transmitter deal.
As far as 'low tech', maybe plug a relay into the switched outlet along with the light (cube tap to split -- I use them with the X-10 receivers here). Low voltage wiring along the baseboard and around the doorframe to a relay by the other lamp. First relay has a 120vAC coil; second a low voltage coil to match the control signal. ..Actually you don't need the first relay: plug the wall-wart/trans- former directly into the switched outlet (via the cube tap). This would provide a control signal directly.
.. Y'know, with the proper X-10-type stuff you could could also dim the incandescent lights. <ducking Aprotim's swat!><g>
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* "The Human Brain" by Sarah Bellum
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971

Plug a triple-tap adaptor in the switched outlet. Plug one lamp in, and an extention cord to the other lamp into the triple tap.