control boards in modern appliances

Why "must" electronics withstand 600V. There is no standard. People in repair newsgroups say some electronics has protection and some does not. That is also what I have seen.

Protection that is often used is a MOV from line to neutral (and sometimes MOVs to ground). But according to w that can not possibly work - there is no less than 10 ft connection to an earthing electrode.

Wow - you used "if".

What we don't know: Is OP in a high lightning area? Lightning around the time of failures? Other major surge sources? What protection was provided by the manufacturers? What is the electrical system earthing? Is there a neutral-ground bond at the service? Loose neutral? Schlocky wiring? Coincidence?

I give up. What do you think happened in the 1990 NEC?

Reply to
bud--

Certainly you have, liar.

I'm glad you came back to this discussion, admitting that you are a liar.

Irrelevant.

Why? You don't like getting caught in your lies?

Reply to
krw

Your only "argument" is to call me names. That's because you have nothing else. You shot your mouth off on a subject that you know little or nothing about, and then couldn't figure out an escape route.

Reply to
salty

It's hard to do anything else since you constantly change the subject, liar.

Reply to
keith

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 09:58:50 -0700 (PDT), keith wrote:

Reply to
salty

What a liar, saltydong.

Reply to