Contractor refuses to give references?

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I can imagine the phone calls...
Hi, I just signed a contract with Affordable & Affable Construction and they gave me your name as a reference. Any comments?
You poor bastard.
On 11 Sep 2006 11:33:24 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I'd go elsewhere.
Ken
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Another thought is to check with the BBB and contractors state board to see how many if any complaints they have. It would not be hard for a shyster company to give you the name of 3 of his buddies or relatives.
On 11 Sep 2006 11:33:24 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Rumor has it, there are more than one contractor in the real world. They might like your money more to make you a satified customer.
later,
tom @ www.MyFastCoolCars.com