Contractor Punking Me

Page 2 of 2
"So, Do you really want to cut the upper and lower plates completely in two?"
You mean like cheap plumbers usually do and then let the floors sink years later from all the joists and beams they cut apart?
Of course in this case, without actually seeing it, it's hard to tell what the right or best way to do the job is. I wouldn't really object to a chase unless it took up a significant portion of the closet space. If it's cedar lined, then they would also have to re-install the cedar.
Bobby Walsh wrote:

See if he can run the copper supply pipes inside the wall. The soil pipe will not fit in a 4" wall. Just put the soil pipe in the closet as close to the corner as you can get it (to keep it out of the way) and paint it. I would rather have it *not* enclosed in a chase. Enclosing the pipe will just steal another couple of cubic feet from your closet.
There should be no issues this way with moisture at all -- unless the toilet overflows!
Best regards, Bob