Contractor Punking Me

magnetic and friction catches are our friends...

Reply to
Chris Perdue

"So, Do you really want to cut the upper and lower plates completely in two?"

You mean like cheap plumbers usually do and then let the floors sink years later from all the joists and beams they cut apart?

Of course in this case, without actually seeing it, it's hard to tell what the right or best way to do the job is. I wouldn't really object to a chase unless it took up a significant portion of the closet space. If it's cedar lined, then they would also have to re-install the cedar.

Reply to
trader4