Contractor problem & toilet

This is an unusual problem I'm sure. But, here it is.
I recently had a new bathroom floor installed, and also a new Toto toilet.
The contractor had keys to the house, and was in & out in one day. He left the keys along with the bill on the table.
I went upstairs and was impressed with the flooring job. Upon lifting the lid to the toilet, I gagged. The contractor had used the toilet and not flushed it. Attempting to flush the toilet, the toilet overflowed! I swear the guy must not have crapped in a week!
On Friday morning, I put a call into the office. I have yet to receive a call back.
Thank the good Lord, I have another bathroom to use.
I can't wait forever for this outfit to call me back. So, my question is: What would you do?

Everyone forgets things at times. Including flushing. Maybe his phone rang.
But I myself have never seen a toilet overflow that wasn't broken or had other than normal human waste in it. Does the toilet work fine now?

I don't mean by this that you shouldn't say anything. You should complain to him, or more likely, his boss. He should learn to triple check at a house not his own.

??

Right. This isn't great. (Not drag-their-name-through-the-mud horrible, but not great.) That shouldn't have been left in that condition.

I don't think he means a toilet never overflows. Just that it shouldn't happen on one flush.
A tankfull of water on a normal level in the bowl should not lead to overflow. Likely, the worker *did* flush, didn't wait around to check, and the water level was high when the homeowner came across it. Then the homeowner flushed again. The homeowner needs to learn the use of a plunger and to recognize the need for it.
Banty

Well, obviously, if it did not flush for you, it probably did not flush for him. It's not such a big crime to use a toilet, pull the lever and put the seat down. We don't ALWAYS look and watch things to down. Probably an honest mistake. Ivan Vegvary

Could be worse. He could have tried to fix it...

He probably didn't forget. He probably tried to flush, it didn't, and since one tank-full isn't usually *QUITE* enough to overflow the bowl, decided to leave before things got worse.
A note would have been nice, though.