Continuous gas hot water.

Im thinking of installing a 22 or 24 litre per minute unit that is mountable on the wall outside - I prefer these smaller boxes to the storage units because they take up too much space (and I hear the continuous are cheaper to run long term)

I have been offered one (a bosch? cant remember) with an electronically controlled thermostat which I dont think I need, least of all I dont want to pay to have installed.

Can anyone tell me the ins and outs of these continuous units and whether I need know anything particular? And what they might cost to install? (I know they are more expensive than the storage type)

thanks.

Reply to
ODB

Gas or electric, you cant mount outside if it freezes ever, your location? You should have a electronicaly controled unit unless you dont care about the water being overhot then cool with total output. Look at Takagi and Rinnai, Rinnai is the most efficient I have seen. How cold does your incomming water get. Units are rated at Gpm and temperature rise.

Reply to
m Ransley

This is Turtle.

I don't know about others but the Rinnai is a pretty good piece of equipment to install. The Gas model they have has a Flow rate of 8.5 Gallons per Minute and can handle 3 showers at one time. Here is a link to the Rinnai units.

The word is Electric can work good but you need to own stock in the power company to get a high water flow rate from a electric tankless set up. Also you need to install a protection cover over your electric meter pan in case the wheel comes loose.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE