ConTact paper

Hello:

In our kitchen, we have white laminate counter tops which we have covered with transparent Contact paper. I put the paper almost an year ago using just the adhesive on one side of the paper.

Yesterday as I was trying to remove the paper to replace it with new Contact paper, I found that the paper came out leaving behind the gum (or whatever sticky compound they use). It has been a nightmare to remove that. I scrubbed for a long time and could clear only a small portion.

Is there a spray or any other product which would help to remove the adhesive substance easily from the counter top?

Thanks.

Reply to
cwelch8

WD-40

Reply to
Brian V
3M has a commercial automotive product, sold in bulk and you may need alot. Call the co that made the paper its their glue they will know the easiest and least toxic way. Contact paper is not designed for counters or removal.
Reply to
m Ransley