Contact cement removal

I have some dry contact cement on my carpet. How can i remove it ?
--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz

Is it small enough to cut out? I've been able to trim out large cigarette burns (my drunk brother's) that I thought I'd never be able to get rid of.

First thing I'd try is naphtha.
On 4/2/2010 9:37 AM Doug Miller spake thus:

That's probably not going to do much. Try acetone (lacquer thinner) instead.

- a Usenet "apology"

Or Goof Off, in small yellow cans, sold at Home Depot (with all the glue and epoxy). Seems to cut damn near anything.
Dave

If that don't do it nothing will.

Caution: before following the above advice, test in an inconspicuous area to make sure it doesn't dissolve synthetic carpet fibers too.

On 4/2/2010 5:35 PM Doug Miller spake thus:

Yes. And use with adequate ventilation (unless you *like* headaches).

- a Usenet "apology"

"Works On: Chewing Gum Crayons Pencil Marks Stickers & Tape Salad Dressing Bugs & Tar Motor Oil Lipstick Candle Wax & More!"
http://www.liftoffinc.com/product-tape-remover.php
You might call the company and ask about " contact cement".
I've used this product before and it worked..
They are numbered 1-5
http://www.liftoffinc.com/index.php