construction insurance?

Hi
About to start building a house as a DIY. Doing the general contracting and some of the carpentry. Would it be a good idea to get construction insurance? is there such a thing? general liability but I would think most contractors have their own insurance in that regard.
If I have to get it for say 6 months what would be a ball park figure?
Thanks
Paul

We do. If you are acting as your own GC, and someone gets hurt, OUR insurance isnt the one that we use...we use the GCs..
Workers Comp....you are gonna need it.
The only time you would use our insurance is if something happened to the home in a negative way after the work, or during the work process.
If you act as your own GC, you will be liable in most areas for workers, and their safety...belive it or not.

I didn't know that ....thanks!
*CBHVAC* wrote:

I am an owner builder in Florida. A builder's risk/home owner type cost me $1K last year. Non renueable. I got another different one this year for $1.4K This is on a $300K risk. No liability. You can't get liability construction insurance unless you are a commerical builder/contractor.
Doesn't sound too bad....thanks.