Constantly running furnace fan

I have an Intertherm MGHA-056 in my mobile home that is constantly running even with neither the air conditioning nor the heat on. I disconnected the wires to the thermostat and it is still running. Any ideas on what is going on?

Mike D

Reply to
Mike Dobony

If you can find where the thermostat wires are connected in the blower unit, try disconnecting the wire that controls the fan, which is usually green. This would prove the wiring from the unit to the thermostat

Reply to
RBM

Do you mean the thermostat wire connections inside the furnace or the wires on the blower itself? I already disconnected the wires from the furnace inside the furnace.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

Yes, the thermostat wires inside the blower, specifically the "G" wire, which should control the fan relay

Reply to
RBM

I already did that. It just keeps running and running and running. The A/C turns on and off just fine, but hte blower just keeps running and will not shut off.

There is a Cool/Heat switch on the furnace itself. When I had it on Cool it did this also so I just leave it on Heat. I have no manual on this thing and can't seem to find it on the internet. The Intertherm site does not have any email address for any kind of customer service.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

Is there possibly a fan switch on the unit or somewhere, which is turned on?

Reply to
RBM

It is set for auto.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

Call Information, or use

, etc.

Information might not need to know the state or city anymore, I'm not sure.

Reply to
mm

Hmmm, Maybe soilid state replay contrulling fan power is shot. It should be on the furnace logic control board.

Reply to
Tony Hwang