Constantly deflating wheels on wheelbarrow and wagon.

The tire on my cars do not deflate by themselves just because the cars are not used frequently.
However, the tires on my wheelbarrow and the pneumatic tires on my wheelbarrow deflate regularly after just a a few weeks.
I only have a small air compressor which makes it difficult to re-inflate all these small tires. .
Is there a way to prevent the air from escaping from my wagon wheels and wheelbarrow wheel?
There must be a better way! Is there a sealant which permanently seals the gap between the wheel and the tire?
--

Walter

On 6/27/2015 1:08 PM, Walter E. wrote:

Slime.
http://slime.com/category/sealant/tire-sealant/
On 6/27/2015 1:08 PM, Walter E. wrote:

http://slime.com/category/sealant/tire-sealant/
On 06/27/2015 01:08 PM, Walter E. wrote:

On my wheelbarrow, the rim was bent so bad, nothing would seal it, so I bought an inner-tube (on eBay)
problem solved
On 06/27/2015 1:08 PM, Walter E. wrote: ...

There is as others noted; also you can just switch over to a semi-pneumatic tire that doesn't use air at all...little more expense up front but eliminates the pita-factor of the slime when do need to repair a tire using it.

Are they tube or tubeless type???

Walter E.-
I have the same problem with a small wagon. I think the suggestion to install inner tubes may be the best alternative, if they are available for your specific tires. I never looked into that for mine.
One other thing to check, is if the valve cores are tight. When I was young, tires had metal caps on the tire valves that had a forked top. You could use the top to remove or tighten the valve core. I think I have a couple in my collection, but do not know where!
You might look into getting a 4 or 5 gallon portable air tank with a hose that can pump up the tires. You can fill the tank at your leisure, perhaps to 100 pounds pressure. The tank should hold enough air for several small tires.
Be sure to use a tire gauge to avoid bursting the tires. There is probably a recommended pressure printed somewhere on each tire. I would guess at 30 pounds maximum.
Fred
On 06/27/2015 02:51 PM, Fred McKenzie wrote:

You can find them in most parts stores, a couple of bucks for four. I've got them on my motorcycles that have tubes and the bicycle that has Schrader stems.

They sell those, at least they did just a few years ago.
You may need a license, ever since they were used to rip up the chariot wheels of Marlon Brando's chariot.

On 06/27/2015 03:51 PM, Fred McKenzie wrote:

I might have been able to pick one up locally but did not want to drive all over town searching...
that's why I just bought one on eBay...even with shipping it was not very much money.

These tires are made of cheapest and worst quality Chinese rubber, which is only good to last while the wheelbarrow is bring sold in a store.
Either buy better pneumatic tires, or go with solid tires, which is what I did.

You're not alone. I'm a farmer, and as soon as one of them go flat, I just install an innertube. Those small innertubes cost $10 or less. Thats worth the cost to eliminate the hassle. Small tires like that just dont seal well around the bead. Tire shops can apply a bead sealer, but you'll probably pay them $10 to do it. You can pry a tire off with 2 screwdrivers and apply an innertube yourself.