considering coal fired heater

I am playing with the idea of using a coal fired heater with a catalytic secondary but I do not have any Idea of the price of coal in south ga. and if its price hase been going up like oil and natural gas. Considering that there is no shortage and the US has plenty I am hopeing that its price increase has not been so extreme Anyone have any info or could you point me towards some info
I've been looking to replace my oil fired hot water boiler with a coal fired unit. Prices for anthracite coal here in south eastern Pennsylvania have been quoted to me at $180 to $195 per ton, bulk and delivered to my home. MikeH
<uriah> wrote in message

"Mike H" <1newsATstelliteDOTmailshellDOTcom> wrote in message

Coal makes for a good heat. You just have to understand the workings of a solid fuel setup and do some extra work.
Once a coal (or wood) fire is started, it can be kept going for the winter. This is great in cold weather, but when you want to run the heat for just an hour in mild weather, the coal is still burning even though you don't need or want heat. For every ton of coal you burn, you have about 200 pounds of ash to haul away. Some town regulate coal ash as it contains heavy metals.
A dual fuel setup would be more practical in milder weather.
It should be easy enough to check prices online, but I have my doubts as to if you can get it that easily in GA.