Connector suggestions???

Found nothing locally suitable; spent hour thru Mouser catalog...
Looking for a polarized panel-mount 2-wire (16 ga/low amp/<20V DC) to add an auxiliary output to battery charger for a small lead-acid battery.
Batter goes to a small push-type mower and has a formed plug on one end and a (now defunct) wall-wart charger has a mating connector on end of a 16-ga 2-wire corded wire (think a small, miniature light cord). The maintenance charge output on the regular charger matches the recommended charging rate; I just need a convenient connector to put into the rear of the back panel to plug into. Would really like for it to be polarity-sensitive.
Anybody got any suggestions/candidates?
Thanks...
✖

Check a farm supply store for the connectors used on ATV sprayer pumps and the like. Maybe auto supply stores as well. You may have to forego panel mount or figure out a way to mount an in line connector. Check out some of the online grounds maintenance catalogs, too.
Joe
Add pictures here
✖
How about a cigar lighter plug and socket. Radio Shack.
Add pictures here
✖

Use a standard co-axial power plug or even an RCA plug - Heck, a 1/4" phone plug will do the job just as well. Many of the electric scooters use a Mic plug - one of the 3 wire type used for balanced inputs to PA and instrument amps.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 6, 9:56 pm, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I use a 2 pin Round Cinch Jones 302 connector for this.. Use the female on the battery and the male on the charger
www.mouser.com/catalog/629/1101.pdf
Mark
Add pictures here
✖
Mark wrote: ...

There ya' go...thanks.
✖
On 7/6/2010 10:41 PM, dpb wrote:

These are great for low voltage (and even higher voltage) application. I used them in back of a minivan to provide 12 volt outputs for my kids' TV, video game and amplified speakers, when traveling. I also have used them in model train layouts. I hate the humongous lighter sockets that everyone seems to want to use.
Add pictures here
✖
Art Todesco wrote:

Interestingly, when went back to the Mouser catalog had left after gotten frustrated about finding something of the sort I was looking for, it was open to the very page... :)
Guess I had looked to the point of not seeing any longer at that time.
Add pictures here
✖
Mark wrote: ...

Bummer...sockets available, plugs on BO w/ est. 15-wk delivery.
Nor any Molex 2-pole plugs altho est. 11-wk for them.
Let's try Digikey next, I guess...unless you have any other favorites?
✖
Found nothing locally suitable; spent hour thru Mouser catalog...
Looking for a polarized panel-mount 2-wire (16 ga/low amp/<20V DC) to add an auxiliary output to battery charger for a small lead-acid battery.
Batter goes to a small push-type mower and has a formed plug on one end and a (now defunct) wall-wart charger has a mating connector on end of a 16-ga 2-wire corded wire (think a small, miniature light cord). The maintenance charge output on the regular charger matches the recommended charging rate; I just need a convenient connector to put into the rear of the back panel to plug into. Would really like for it to be polarity-sensitive.
Anybody got any suggestions/candidates?
Thanks...
-- Check out Anderson PowerPoles. I think there's a panel-mount version, and they have the advantage that there are no exposed contacts to be shorted. Mouser may sell them.
Perce
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 10:12:41 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"

Look at the Mate N Lock connector from Tyco. They come in all sorts of configurations
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: ...

The smallest of which appears to be 4-conductor. Otherwise, they look to be worth remembering, just not for the current application.

✖
dpb wrote: ...

Had to break into the big boys--Newark did have the Cinch Jones connectors so ordered a few pair -- for the specific purpose at hand and a few more for the parts bin since paying freight, anyway. Double Mouser's listed price, of course, but then again, if ya' ain't got 'em you can afford to list 'em pretty cheaply... :(
Add pictures here
✖

<...snipped...>
Google Anderson Power Pole connectors.

✖
Larry W wrote:

I did after an earlier poster's recommendation...interesting, but Mouser didn't have 'em and I did find the Jones at Newark. One advantage is the 2-conductor version of them is round rather than needing either square punch or square up round hole to fit. Also a fair amount more expensive as are rated for 10-15A minimum far more than needed for the application.
I will keep their existence in mind, though; could well be the ideal thing at some other point in time, thanks...
✖