Connector suggestions???

Found nothing locally suitable; spent hour thru Mouser catalog...

Looking for a polarized panel-mount 2-wire (16 ga/low amp/

Reply to
dpb

Check a farm supply store for the connectors used on ATV sprayer pumps and the like. Maybe auto supply stores as well. You may have to forego panel mount or figure out a way to mount an in line connector. Check out some of the online grounds maintenance catalogs, too.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

How about a cigar lighter plug and socket. Radio Shack.

Reply to
professorpaul

Use a standard co-axial power plug or even an RCA plug - Heck, a 1/4" phone plug will do the job just as well. Many of the electric scooters use a Mic plug - one of the 3 wire type used for balanced inputs to PA and instrument amps.

Reply to
clare

ry.

I use a 2 pin Round Cinch Jones 302 connector for this.. Use the female on the battery and the male on the charger

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Mark wrote: ...

There ya' go...thanks.

--

Reply to
dpb

These are great for low voltage (and even higher voltage) application. I used them in back of a minivan to provide 12 volt outputs for my kids' TV, video game and amplified speakers, when traveling. I also have used them in model train layouts. I hate the humongous lighter sockets that everyone seems to want to use.

Reply to
Art Todesco

Interestingly, when went back to the Mouser catalog had left after gotten frustrated about finding something of the sort I was looking for, it was open to the very page... :)

Guess I had looked to the point of not seeing any longer at that time.

Reply to
dpb

Found nothing locally suitable; spent hour thru Mouser catalog...

Looking for a polarized panel-mount 2-wire (16 ga/low amp/

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Mark wrote: ...

Bummer...sockets available, plugs on BO w/ est. 15-wk delivery.

Nor any Molex 2-pole plugs altho est. 11-wk for them.

Let's try Digikey next, I guess...unless you have any other favorites?

--

Reply to
dpb

Look at the Mate N Lock connector from Tyco. They come in all sorts of configurations

Reply to
gfretwell

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: ...

The smallest of which appears to be 4-conductor. Otherwise, they look to be worth remembering, just not for the current application.

Reply to
dpb

dpb wrote: ...

Reply to
dpb

Google Anderson Power Pole connectors.

Reply to
Larry W

I did after an earlier poster's recommendation...interesting, but Mouser didn't have 'em and I did find the Jones at Newark. One advantage is the 2-conductor version of them is round rather than needing either square punch or square up round hole to fit. Also a fair amount more expensive as are rated for 10-15A minimum far more than needed for the application.

I will keep their existence in mind, though; could well be the ideal thing at some other point in time, thanks...

--

Reply to
dpb