connector for MC electrical cable ?

Hi, I'm installing MC cable in my house. It's not steel armored cable, but _aluminum_ clad:

For the terminal ends of each wiring run, I've read that "Direct bearing set-screw connectors are suitable for only steel armor" and not aluminum armor.

What type of connectors should I be using? The same, clamp-type, that one uses for NM cable? (i.e.

Any experienced advice appreciated. thanks!

Theodore.

Reply to
millinghill

MC is not the same as FMC, You will find the sizes are different.

This is a pretty good MC connector

gfretwell

Understood about MC vs. FMC.

I know these are intended for NM, but are they suitable for MC:

Alot less expensive than the snap fittings . Just wondering.

Reply to
millinghill

Short answer No

They are only listed for non-metalic cable. They are missing the insulated throat a MC connector has. Used properly an NM connector is isolated from the conductors by the cable jacket which should extend

1/4" into the box.
Reply to
gfretwell

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com posted for all of us...

So you post for info that you were too lazy to look up, then tell one of the most preeminent posters here what you are going to use (which is what you wanted all along)?

Reply to
Tekkie®

No, I was inquiring what the difference is by example of the only products I'm familiar with (I've limited knowledge of the 100+ connectors in HomeDep ot's catalog alone, much less the industry). Gfre...aol.com was nice enoug h to offer the correct product and explain the difference and why I can't s ubstitute.

Reply to
millinghill

snip

I've never heard of this kind of cable. I'm curious why your using this instead of common NM cable?

Reply to
Paintedcow