Connecting to house fan motor - cable type? crimp?

Inside the mini junction box on the Dayton motor for my whole house fan there are two types of connectors. One is a nut on a post. The other is a spade lug. There is a knockout for a cable clamp.

How do I connect to these? Do I crimp the appropriate connectors onto the wires in NM cable? For crimping connectors onto wire, it seems like flexible wire would be better - not the solid wire in NM.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Mitch

On 4/29/2009 8:38 AM Mitch spake thus:

Either solid or stranded wire should work OK with crimped connectors.

What I'd do is solder the connectors onto the wires so I know they're not going to loosen sometime in the future. Call me paranoid, but I just don't trust connections that rely only on the holding power of a little bit of sheet metal to work.

Soldering after crimping should take all of 5 minutes.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Hmm, Solder? Then it becomes same as using a solid wire which can crack and break.

Reply to
Tony Hwang