Connecting PVC to pex

I have a exterior sprinkler system. The water source is on one end of the house. To get the water to the other side of the basement where the sprinkler is located, the installers ran PVC pipe along the joists.
I am now going to finish the basement. I need to move the pipe. Instead of using pvc, I thought I could use PEX to snake the line out of the way.
-1- Can i do a transition from PVC to PEX ? -2- Is this a bad idea ? -3- Anything else you can tell me would be helpful. Thanks for you time.
<< -1- Can i do a transition from PVC to PEX ? >>
Probably , if you have the right combination of fittings. Why not do Pex back to the source?
<< -2- Is this a bad idea ? >>
Pex is considered a superior product to PVC.
<< -3- Anything else you can tell me would be helpful. >>
Crimping fittings may be tricky. Be sure you have all the right tools and some practice material to get a nice job. Good luck.
Joe