Connect washer to a faucet valve

Hi,
I have an interesting project. I need to connect a washer and the only water supply is a 3/8" compression valve about 6 feet away. I cannot replace it because the water cannot be shut off so I have to work with it. So how does one go from 3/8" male compression valve to 3/4" MHT and travel 6 feet while at it.
Many thanks in advance.
Sam

the small incoming line will mean fill times for washer will skyrocket and washer may not work well.
beyond that you should get things fixed, if by chance that compression fitting line broke and was flooding your home what would you do:(

If your water pressure is high enough, it may work out ok, flow-wise. My 3-1/2 gal toilet tank, that's supplied by 1/2" copper, reduced down to a 3/8" compression fitting, fills in 38 seconds.. so roughly it's over than 6 gals. a minute.
You need something like this: 3/4" FHT x 3/8" flare swivel
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/images/brass-hose-adapter-swivel-compression-34fht-38comp.gif
On 6/23/2011 12:27 AM, Sam Takoy wrote:

on a special set up I have. Check at your home supply/ hardware store.
Bill

<snip<
I could be wrong, but isn't it a code requirement almost everywhere for there to be a shut off for domestic water supplies? Might be a good idea to stop by City Hall and ask a few questions, or perhaps a cooperative water department could help. It would make things far easier for you.
Joe
Joe wrote:

Maybe it's tied into a neighbor's metered water supply and he doesn't want to disclose that to anyone. <G>
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

or tied into the main municipal line, a connection no one knows about, and no valve:(

Or the more likely explanation is that the OP is a tenant in an apartment and he does not have access to the main shut off for his unit or the building...
It is absurd to hook up a washing machine to a 3/8" compression type supply line...
How were you planning on draining this washing machine ? With a hose laid into the sink ? ROFL...
~~ Evan