Connect PVC to Orangeburg ?

I have 4" Orangeburg pipe (circa 1968) to which I need to connect a piece 4" PVC. Are the dimensions for the Orangeburg and PVC the same or is there some kind of reducer required?
Replace the Orangeburg you are only postponing problems - but first a question - are you calling orange terracotta pipe Orangeburg?? In my area Orangeburg pipe is best described as rolled up roofing with roofing cement applied prior to rolling so the whole mess sticks together -- for a few years......

I'm not replacing the Orangeburg. I'm just adding a tee to the outlet side of a septic tank. The tee will be made of PVC and connect to the Orangeburg which goes to the septic distribution box as shown below:
__Cap__ ! ! ! ! ! !~~~~_________________------| ----- scum level ------ ! PVC Orangeburg D | ! _________________ Box | ----- water level ------ ! !~~~~ ------| ! ! ! ! ! !
Technically the description of the Orangeburg is "Bituminous Fiber Pipe" as shown in this picture:
http://www.sewerhistory.org/articles/compon/orangeburg/orangeburg.gif
HarryB wrote:

njoracle wrote:

Orangeburg is about 4.64" OD and sch 40 PVC is 4.5", while sch 35 (SDR) PVC is 4.21"
Mission couplings are most often used for underground connections: http://www.missionrubber.com /
And Fernco makes a similar line: http://www.fernco.com/1051.asp
You may need to go to a bldg supply house, rather than Big Box.
Jim
Speedy Jim wrote:

Thanks. I have a good plumbing supply house in the area so I'll check with them.

Home Depot has Ferncos.
I crushed my Orangeburg connection to the septic tank by driving a lawn cart full of rocks back and forth over it. Once I figured out that was the cause of my backup problems, I dug it up and dropped in some over-size PVC. Some concrete covered the junctions. No problems in about 5 years.