Confused

Page 3 of 3

No it doesn't.

Sorry, but doing that gives me a headache. Just by looking at the bottom line, 40X 1206 is 48,000something, more than an acre. And 40 is one fifth of 206 give or take. So, that answer is off by a factor of five or thereabouts.
Where did you go to school? Or didn't?
Steve
Steve B wrote:

I presumed the 1206 was a typo and intended as another 206.3 given the pattern above. Still, sqrt(43560) = 208.71..., though, not 206-something...

Why are you getting the square root of an acre? There is no way you can line up the 113 squares to make another square where you can measure one side. You need to take the whole area, then get the square root.
Steve
Steve B wrote:

????
The 43,560 _is_ the equivalent of an A in sq-ft; in the preceding post I was simply looking at the last incorrectly written product that was said to equal that and correcting same...had nothing at all to do w/ the 113A question.
If it's in regard to my earlier (much) post, I simply pointed out that already knowing the length of a side for a 1A square one could ratio by the square roots of the acreages to find the length of a side as an alternate way as to using the area directly. Same result, different way to get there; I showed the arithmetic in that post for both...I used the knowledge a section is 640A in that; similarly knowing 1A --> 208.7...ft on a side, 113A is 208.7*sqrt(113) --> 2218.6... Compare to sqrt(113*43,560) and you'll see it's the same.
Or, algebraically, A = L^2 --> L = sqrt(A)
So, L1/L2 = sqrt(A1)/sqrt(A2) = sqrt(A1/A2)

Sorry, but I wasn't following that train of thought. Pardon me. So, what did you get for the answer?
Steve
Steve B wrote: ...

It's in the earlier post or you can punch numbers on a calculator as well as I can yet again...

Nonsense. Sqrt (a * b) = sqrt(a) * sqrt(b), or, in this specific case, sqrt (113 * 43560) = sqrt (113) * sqrt(43560).

Hey, there's a hundred ways to cook a poodle, but it all tastes like chicken.
I'll translate that into lower terms since you are so smart, and it may not compute in your spacious brain: There are a lot of ways to arrive at the same answer, so long as that answer is correct.
Did you ever know you're my hero?
Steve

Thank you for making *my* point. I was responding to *your* contention that there's only one way to get there: "you need to take the whole area, then get the square root" -- which isn't true.

You're welcome.
Steve
LSMFT wrote:

Confused or just number/math challenged? Either way you are confusing me.
If you had a lot 21780' deep that was an acre it wouldn't be a square, it would be 2' wide. Good for a strip mall :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Or a spaghetti factory.
Steve

I suspect you're thinking of the square root -- roughly 200 and a bit.
an acre could also be 400 x 100 ... or in your example 21,780 ft. x 2 ft. . Or any other combination that multiplies to 43560
Ken

I agree. You're confused.
If a perfect square, one dimension is the square root of the square footage.
On the OTHER hand, the value of a bridge is calculated based on it's length, age, and location. I, personally, hold title and can offer a GREAT deal on an historic old bridge in New York City. Lemme' know if you're interested.
-DS

Check in with your MLS. I sold that property already. And I have a good faith deposit from another buyer as well.
Steve ;-)
LSMFT wrote:

Can you put this in hectares and metres?
--
PV

Puritanism is the haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy.
H.L. Mencken

Yes. Can you?