Confirming simple wiring task

Redid a small wiring chore at a cabin last weekend, and have been thinking about the way I did it, wondering if a real electrician would have done it differently (besides in 1/10 the time).

Have a 14/2 running to a double box in a wall. Installed two single pole switches in the box as follows. Not sure if Line and Load are the correct terms when talking switches, but you get my drift:

Black off hot line in was ponytailed to two jumpers, one each to Line on switches. Load off switches to black on 14/2 leading to two ceiling lights. Neutral off hot line in was tied to neutrals in the 14/2's leading to the lights. Ground off hot line in tied to grounds in the 14/2's leading to the lights.

Is there an alternate way to treat the neutrals in this case?

Reply to
Mamba

You did it fine. The only other way would be to run a 14/3 from the switches to one light,and a 14/2 from the first light to the second. The neutrals are always tied together as you did

Reply to
RBM

On 4/8/2008 3:59 PM Mamba spake thus:

I second the emotion of the post above this one. You done good.

By the way, your subject line is a complete misnomer: there ain't no such thing as a "simple wiring task".

Reply to
David Nebenzahl