Condensation in refrigerator

Hi,

I am assuming this is perfectly normal, but I recently got a GE Profile Arctica side by side, the water dispenser didn't work so ultimately they gave me a new fridge. Now on this new one, I notice in both the freezer and food compartments, the shelves and interior panels have a very thin layer of condensation- enough that I can draw a happy face with my finger (much like the condensation seen on supermarket freezer doors). In the freezer, the condensation turns into a thin layer of frost or ice, but nothing like those older freezers that aren't frost-free... Am I paranoid or is this something I should be concerned with? The repairman was just here and said that it's due to the high humidity in the air outside the fridge (since we live in Florida, and it has been raining all the time).

I appreciate any help, JP

Reply to
JJMMPP

I don't for certain in a GE, but in my Amana, the frost-free feature of the freezer cycles on only a few times a day. Maybe even less than that, I don't know... but every once in awhile, I'll open the door to find crystals on everything. Then an hour or two later, it's gone again.

Does the unit have a humidity control?

-Amy

Reply to
Ame

It is ambient air humidity true. Check the door seals to make sure when door is closed there is not a small way for air to get in

candice

Reply to
CLSSM00X7