Condensation in heating system, need your help or suggestion!

Whenever I turn on heating, I can hear a sound of water drops on wood in the first a few minutes after furnace starts and stops. The water drops quite intensively at the beginning and then fades away after 5 to 10 minutes. I am quite concerned.

Look at my furnace, there is a pipe coming out from the top of furnace, leading to a drain on the floor. A similar sound can also be heard when someone taking a shower, although the water only drops once or twice in this case.

It looks to me that the water is formed by condensation, and it is supposed to flow from the pipe out of heating system.

Here is my theory: before I moved into the house, one of previous owners had bath room remodeled: ceramic tile on wall and floor. The quality of the remodel is poor, from my point of view. There is trace of water leakage on sides of tub, and also, faucet is loose and I am worried that someday bathroom will fall apart. My reasoning is: whoever did the remodeling had no clue about the condensation pipe and didn't connect the pipe at all.

I am thinking opening the dry wall to fix the problem. But I have never worked on drywall before, plus I am not sure about my hypothesis. How difficult to open and fix from drywall, and how should I approach this problem?

Thanks for your advise.

Juping

Reply to
J.J online

How in the hell are we supposed to know your mechanical abilities or aptitude? If you dont know how, you might be able to do it and you might just kill yourself when you cut through the ceiling with a circular saw and hit a water pipe and electrical line. Call someone in and get estimates or wing it and take your chances. Who knows, maybe next month you can try open heart surgery. Ive heard its not all that hard. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba