Condensation

Had a new 92% Rheem furnace installed in July and turned it on for the first time last night, and noticed today a lot of moisture on the outside of the exhaust pipe going outside. Is this normal, my first experience with a high efficiency furnace? Thanks for any info.

My exhaust comes from the basement to the outside just above the cinderblock wall. There is condensation because during the winter I have to keep knocking off icicles from the pipe.
lindy wrote:

When working right the exhaust consist of CO and HO. As the pipe cools outside all that water will condense on the cooler walls of the pipe. This is normal and one reason the pipe is PVC.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Lindy:
L > Had a new 92% Rheem furnace installed in July and turned it on for the firs
L > time last night, and noticed today a lot of moisture on the outside of the L > exhaust pipe going outside. Is this normal, my first experience with a high L > efficiency furnace? Thanks for any info.
"Moisture" as in steam coming from the vent pipe when the furnace is runnin? Yes, it is normal. If the moisture is that produced by condensation on the pipe then I don't think that is normal.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Lymph - v. To walk with a lisp.
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971