Condensate on storm door

Regardless, but irregardless, there are sure a lot of them. Many of them, if you look up the origins are other languages that have been melded into English. If you want to see more interesting comparison, check out the differences between US English and UK English! And Canada seems to be a mix of the two, depending on where you are. Even a lot of pronounciation of the same spelling in some cases end up with entirely different pronounciations.

HTH,

Twayne`

Reply to
Twayne

They are not interchangeable in a scientific setting...and the professor is an ass - never liked him. ;)

English is a stupid language. Take skim and scan. People use them interchangeably, but scan can mean the exact opposite of skim.

scan /sk=E6n/ verb,scanned, scan=B7ning, noun =96verb (used with object)

  1. to glance at or over or read hastily: to scan a page.
  2. to examine the particulars or points of minutely; scrutinize.
RicodJour

Ever played a game called VISH? Everybody is given the same word, everybody has a dictionary. Look up the word, pick a salient definitional word, then look that one up, etc. First person that gets a definition that uses the original word wins, having completed a "vicious circle".

Reply to
Michael B

Don't forget "condescension" or you may experience "condemnation". 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Is it "through" or "thru"? All I know is that Sister Godzilla would have cracked my knuckles if I had used the latter. 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

And rightfully so... :)

"Thru" is a shortened, bastardized version of the correct spelling.

--

Reply to
dpb