concrete work

I need help! What is the best way to pull up indoor-outdoor carpet glued onto concrete slab? Then, what is the best way to remove the glue from concrete slab? I need to do this before I can have overlay or acid wash applied. Any and all suggestions appreciated.
kim wrote:

Depends on the type of glue. Some may respond to being heated and some may respond to being frozen (dry ice) so that it will chip off.
Good Luck
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

You can use an ice scraper on a long handle to get most of it up. Some places will come easy, others can be tough, depending on wear and traffic patters over the years. Take a utility knife and score the carpet in spots so you can easily pull a section at a time, maybe 2' wide. In any case, there will be some adhesive residue that will be near impossible to get up. It may react to a solvent though. I just scraped mine as best I could since it was being covered with an engineered wood floor.
You're best bet is to go to a tool rental place and see if they have a scraper that is used to remove vinyl flooring from a concrete floor. They are electric and work very well. I recently used one and it did a very good job but it's not an easy job. It will remove everything right down to the concrete. Good luck.
Doug