Concrete Window Well Cover?

Hi, I have an old window well covered over in an unfinished basement. I plan on sealing the entrance to the well outside with concrete.
It's a concrete well with a lip about 4 inches high above the ground. I think I can use concrete screws to attach a 2x4 frame around the inside of the well, about two inches below the level of the lip. Then I'll put down some concrete backer board on the frame, creating a box about two inches deep inside the top of the well. Then I'll fill it with concrete to be level with the top of the well.
The idea is to create a permanent concrete lid over the well so that it's just a concrete block outside the house. It will look a lot better than what's there now.
I've never worked with concrete before, but I plan on using a ready mix. I've been reading up on how to do it.
Can anyone tell me if this is a good plan? Am I missing anything? Thanks

you REALLY need basement windows for light and ventilation!! sealed ones lead to high moisture cntent, mold, trouble painting in basement from fumes, are often required by building codes and sealing will likely cause grief at home resale time.
get a steel grid and forget about it
or a plastic cap.
better yet make window larger meet ingress egress rules, at home resale your basement just became a bedroom:( Raising home sale price:)

leaks like the titanic, has huge old cracks in the floor, areas bulging up...it's ugly. My Dehumidifier from Hell solved mold and mildew problems beautifully.
Most of the water is leaking from the window well! There's no drain in the well, so the water fills up and runs over the rotting sill and under the wood cover. (Somebody boarded over the window many long years ago.)

level...but it's not easy to get to and it doesn't open. I'll have to find out more about the building codes...hadn't thought about resale. Thanks.

thats the beauty of home repair, do some work and result? everyone wants to move to your basement:(
Dont laugh its happened here:(

could be considered "habitable space" by any standards, with any amount of remodeling. It's something you could do in theory, but the practice would be a gigantic undertaking.
Shiver,
What will happen when the wood supporting all of this rots?
Dave M.

thick enough with steel rebar it wood wouldnt matter but its still a very bad idea.
my conclusions after having to waterproof paint a seaed basement. later high moisture content caused much grief at resale time.
all preventable if I could of just opened a window:(

the board off the opening, replace the frame, install a window and put a steel grate over the well. I suppose it would be nice to have a window to open, despite the miserable condition of the rest of the basement. The lack of a drain is a problem, though. Maybe I could buy some fish and it would be an aquarium.

the supports. Also, if the cover works well enough, it shouldn't rot any faster than the rest of the house. It takes moisture to rot, and the whole point of the cover would be to keep it out. In the end, I figured it should be okay for those reasons. Any thoughts?