Concrete vs Fiberlite

I have a 16x 20 barn style shed that sits on patio blocks (2x8x16) and its starting to settle. I'm going to level it up and thought of using some AC pads. I figure about 6 or 8 would work and help displace the weight better (24x24) I noticed at the supply house they now have AC pads in a material called fiberlite and the guy said that they will hold up as well as the concrete, but I think that concrete pads would be better. Does anyone have any experience with the fiberlite and how it would hold up under the weight? tia

*** Never Forget
ChairMan

The concrete pads you see at the A/C wholesalers aren't really concrete. The concrete ones have a Styrofoam center. This makes them lightweight and help with cutting down the sound the condensers make.

They are NOT structural.

Reply to
HeatMan

This is Turtle.

No , don't use the Crete pads or what you call a Fiberlite pads. They like Heat man said are foam filled for sound problems and when you put the weight of the building them. They will crush under the weight. Any weight under a

100 pounds will last for ever but not building.

Another ideal here. Walmarts has concrete pads 1' X 1' X 2 inches for 99 cents.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE