Concrete Stamping or other process for driveway boarder.

I am wanting to add a 12-24 inch boarder to the sides of my asphalt drivewa y. The driveway is partially curved. I am wanting to do this myself a secti on at a time and mixing my own bagged concrete. Can you recommend some inex pensive stamps, rollers, or other patterns that I can use? I live in the co untry and my driveway does not look that great. I am just wanting to spruce it up and am not set on any pattern or idea yet. I just want something I c an do myself a section at a time as I have time.
Also, is it hard to do this on a curved portion of the driveway?
I appreciate it!
On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 8:28:37 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

tion at a time and mixing my own bagged concrete. Can you recommend some in expensive stamps, rollers, or other patterns that I can use? I live in the country and my driveway does not look that great. I am just wanting to spru ce it up and am not set on any pattern or idea yet. I just want something I can do myself a section at a time as I have time.

The typical thing done for that is Belgian block curbing. But it's not 12-24" wide. I like them on an angle, not vertical, so that if you hit it with a tire it won't damage the tire or wheel. That would be my choice for that application. You could certainly learn how to do it and do it a section at time. I've never seen anything as wide as you're talking about, don't know how it would look. But if that's what you want, stamped concrete could be a solution. I'm sure you could learn how to do that yourself too. I don't see cost of the stamp mats, whatever they are called being an issue. You just need a couple, what pattern is up to you. Mixing the concrete will be a challenge, depending on how big the area is. The color variation in stamped concrete doesn't last forever and to keep it lasting you need to seal coat it every couple of years. If you don't the nice color effect gradually wears away. Another reason to go with Belgian block.
On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 8:28:37 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

tion at a time and mixing my own bagged concrete. Can you recommend some in expensive stamps, rollers, or other patterns that I can use? I live in the country and my driveway does not look that great. I am just wanting to spru ce it up and am not set on any pattern or idea yet. I just want something I can do myself a section at a time as I have time.

the cost of bagged concrete makes it the most expensive choice......
far better to get a ready mix truck delivery
On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 9:19:55 PM UTC-4, bob haller wrote:

ection at a time and mixing my own bagged concrete. Can you recommend some inexpensive stamps, rollers, or other patterns that I can use? I live in th e country and my driveway does not look that great. I am just wanting to sp ruce it up and am not set on any pattern or idea yet. I just want something I can do myself a section at a time as I have time.

Being a DIY project where he talks about doing it himself a section at a time, do you see a possible problem with that?
On 6/24/2016 9:27 PM, trader_4 wrote:

He can get it from the same supply house that provides the Goodman furnace and AC for the garage in New Orleans.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 10:02:51 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Where to get the load of concrete was not the problem I can see.