Concrete Spatter

Someone splashed concrete on our steel outside door. Can this be removed without hurting the door finish.

Reply to
Bill Parker

Maybe. Depends partly on how much there is, and how thick it is. Any acid will dissolve it; some acids may/will harm the finish or even the door. I think I'd try lemon juice. It's pretty benign.

Doug Miller

Not likely, but good luck.

Reply to
MrC1

Vinegar is a mild acid that might do the trick, dilute muriatic acid will certainly handle it, but might conceivably damage the finish.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

Tap the splatters lightly with a hammer to crush the cement and wipe with soap and water.

DF

Reply to
dirt farmer
.

Use a hard rubber mallet, if you've got one.

Reply to
Goedjn