Concrete Spatter

Someone splashed concrete on our steel outside door. Can this be removed without hurting the door finish.

Maybe. Depends partly on how much there is, and how thick it is. Any acid will dissolve it; some acids may/will harm the finish or even the door. I think I'd try lemon juice. It's pretty benign.
Not likely, but good luck.

Vinegar is a mild acid that might do the trick, dilute muriatic acid will certainly handle it, but might conceivably damage the finish.
Dan

and water.
DF
.

Use a hard rubber mallet, if you've got one.