Concrete Slab Cost

I'm very curious how much it cost my builder to pour a slab. The reason I'm curious is that they had to demolition it because they put it in the wrong spot. I have heard that concrete has gone through the roof, so I don't understand the carelessness.

The slab size has a 54'x58' footprint and has a depth of 11'. It looks like a wedge, so it starts off at about 3' at the front of the house and continues to the back of the house where it is 11'. Just a ballpark estimate will do.

Thank You, Zzyzx

Reply to
Zzyzx

Building a skyscraper? Why do you need the slab 11 feet deep? Hoover dam is not much thicker.

Careless errors happen no matter the cost. Could be a $5 item or a Hubble telescope. I know one guy that order things in feet using the ' symbol when he meant inches and the " symbol. Boy, did he feel stupid afterwards.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Gotta be 11"

He must be an ex-spinal tap member!

Reply to
Larry Bud

We live in a hill area, i have seen anywhere from a 3' slab to around 20'. When you are building on a hill that's what you have to do :) It's pretty common here.

Reply to
Zzyzx

call local building yard and ask for cost per yard. in minimum 5 yard deliveries it USED to be about 70 bucks a yard 6 years ago.

a yard is a 3 feet by 3 feet by 3 feet quantity.

Reply to
hallerb

Not enough information to help. Do you need a pumper? Forming? and the list of questions goes on.

If your dimensions are correct that is an awful lot of concrete for a house slab.

Reply to
SQLit

Yes, it had forming and a pumper. It had 6 piers poured as well

Just a rough ballpark cost

Reply to
Zzyzx

Material has to be around $30,000 +++ if it was solid concrete. I can't imagine the cost of taking it out and hauling it away, unless it was a matter of moving a short distance and using hte old material as filler for the new.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

They demolition the slab then built a new one from scratch. The ruble from the other one still needs to be hauled away. It's a post tension slab

Reply to
Zzyzx

\\Concrete was $180 a yard when I checked last week. That is double what it was last summer The pump is $200

Reply to
gfretwell

There is no way your concrete is 11 feet deep. You may have a wall that is 11 feet deep with a 4" or so slab on top, but the concrete is not that thick. You need more information for anyone to answer your question.

You would need to know: Cost to excavate footing cost in concrete and labor to pour footings cost to form and pour walls cost to fill and compact slab sub grade cost to pour and finish slab cost of reinforcing

and the cost to remove the first one

A 3,000 sq. ft. slab about 4" thick would be $9,000 at $3/sf. I doubt you would get it much cheaper than that. The concrete alone comes to about 37 yards @ $100/yard.

DanG

HMMM.. Where do you live? I can't imagine anyone putting a slab down if building on hill. Here, no one builds a regular house on a slab, hill, flat, valley or river bottom.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Dear OP (Zzyzx)_

Something thing defintely wrong with your description of the situation or the situation itself

54' x 58' x 3' tapered to 11' is approx 800 yds of concrete (3.3 milliton lbs)

Think would be ~90 trucks! I don't think so.

A massive multi-lane concrete overpass can be on the order of 1500 yds

The structural engineering test lab where I worked had a floor 50' x

80' x 2' thick & a reaction wall 80' x 21' x 3' thick

Even at only $100 yd monolithe you're talking would be about ~$80k just for the mud.

Perhaps the real situation is end wall & side walls then back filled & covered with a slab; a much more cost effective way to generate that geometry.

Assuming 6" slab & walls the same configuation would be about 80 yds, much more resaonable

I have never seen residential detail as you describe

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

West of Austin Tx.