concrete sanding

I have a driveway that was really messed up by whoever poured it,water pools at base of stairwell and of course freezes .I see that if I could cut or sand a channel next to the stairwell the water would runn off down the drive. Would like to do job and not mess up the overall look of the drive. Need about 12 inches of modification.Any suggestions? Frank

Reply to
KTECH

I would think that sanding concrete in any amount would be futile, let alone trying to remove 12" of it. How deep is your channel going to be?

Not having seen your situation, I would guess offhand that you might be better off trying cut out the concrete where you want the water to drain and either repouring a channel or burying a drain pipe and leaving a small drain grate at the collection point. Without more information, it's hard to offer any better suggestions.

Reply to
louie

You can get a concrete surface grinder at a tool rental store. If the area is relatively flat and open, you can grind off the high spot but 12" is probably more than the thickness of the concrete unless you mean length not depth.

Grinding will leave the spot looking different depending on how much aggregate rock is inside. Ultimately cutting or smashing the bad section and repairing will give the most satisfying results probably.

I have "sanded" concrete to smooth out the surface but little material was removed. In that case, I used a concrete brick as the sandpaper.

Reply to
PipeDown