concrete resurfacing

Hello.

Old house here. Front driveway and back porch are poured concrete with with some cracks. in the back we have a cheesy tile.

We are looking to resurface or replace with something more natural.

Any option to pour over something that looks like natural stone? If so, how do they deal with cracks? How thick would he pour over have to be?

Thanks for any help or information.

Reply to
jc

Look into the flatwork people in your area who can do stamped concrete. They might be able to pour right over the existing concrete and give you a nice look.

Reply to
Pat

Google "decorative concrete" to find a slew of products and services.

The trouble is... it's really, really hard to figure out which of these solutions is going to prove durable. Sadly, many installations fail within a few years leaving you with a sorry mess.

Many of the systems are not available on a DIY basis and others aren't really suitable. There are lots of scams too liky epoxy systems that are *way* overpriced and pretend to be hugely more durable than basic chemistry would allow.

I've almost given up hope of finding a suitable coating or finish for my front porch which needs something.

Maybe you can find a local contractor with some expertise. Don't bother with them unless they've been in business for a decade or more and have tons of references. Since your job is a lot more substantial than mine, you might be able to find an up-scale contractor that does more commercial work than residential -- you can certainly find some good quality coatings installed in large hotels, public buildings and the like. Of course, it won't be cheap.

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

I haven't seen the site and I doubt you have either. If it's just light cracking, you can pour over it. But in any case, the OP mentioned the possibility of replacing and having it look like stone. In that instance, stamped concrete would work just fine. If the OP is looking at options, stamped concrete would be one, and as I suggested, contacting a qualified contractor would be in his/her best interest.

Reply to
Pat