concrete resurfacer?

Anyone ever used the concrete resurfacer products that claims it can be laid down as thin as 1/16"? I'm looking into using Quikrete brand, any experiences? Thanks LT
LT wrote:

If it is the vinyl stuff, I used some many years ago and while it did hold up for several years before I replaced the walk with brick, it did not come close to matching the rest of the concrete.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
temporary fix at best. everything has a life expectancy including concrete.
patch and seal with thompsons water seal to minimize future detoriation.........
Joseph Meehan wrote:

I think the intention is that you skim coat the whole thing so it all has a consistent new surface.
Pete C.
Yes, the intention is to apply a skim coat of the product, leaving the entire surface with a new thin coating. I was just wondering if anyone has done it, and how did it turn out? thanks LT

LT wrote:

I patched some concrete steps with quick setting cement and then skimmed the whole thing with the resurfacer mix and the results were acceptable. Can't say how long it lasted as I sold the place about a year later.
Pete C.

Most of the thin stuff is not recommended for large areas. BUT there are a million concrete resurfacing products. Most are designed to set up quickly so the area can be used soon after.
Find one with a retarder in it so you can take your time in applying it.
I make my own recipes in any color you like, even metallic black. Look like black metallic paint but it's pure concrete.:) I can resurface anything. But there are very few of us who can do this. Find your local concrete canoe club at a local college. They can help you out.
I have used the stuff in an attempt to resurface a pitted garage floor. It looks ugly. I tried to do a large area all at once all by myself. It must be troweled quickly because it sets up rather fast. I thought I could spread it and it would level easily. Not so. A small area like a step would work okay. A very thin coat would work only if the surface is very flat to start with. It might not adhere very well if the concrete has been sealed. Power wash the surface first. Mask off any surface that you don't want covered.