CONCRETE QUESTION

I have seen a patio that had added design on top, stamped and sealed with something that makes the surface look like glass.

Does anyone know what it's called?

Does anyone know how to do it?

I just resurfaced my patio yesterday with Commecial Grade Quikrete. It was a little pricey but 1/2 inch is extremely strong and will hold over the aggregate surface that was there previously. The patio is 50 yrs old and had cracks and was not level. So, I remedied the matter, but I'd like to pretty it up now.

I'd like to add color, and stamping and seal it with the glass like finishing.

Can anyone help?

No one seems to know what I'm talking about at Lowe's or Home Despot.

Reply to
MRS. CLEAN

Hi, Acrylic sealant? You an buy them at the HD type store.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

What you are asking about is called Pattern stamped or decorative concrete. The decorative pattern should have been performed while the concrete was not set. You may be interested in a stained concrete finish at this point. There is good technical information here:

has written much of the literature in the industry and is considered by many to be one of the top experts in the field. Scroll down the left hand side of the page.

Reply to
DanG