Concrete pour - temperature concerns

Hi Guys:
I have all my forms and reinforcing materials in place for a garage floor and a shed foundation. Now I just need to find someone to do the place and finish. I am having trouble here. I can't see wanting to have a go at this myself for the $500 it would save, but if I can't find anyone to do it for me ...
Anyhow the temperatures around here these days are about 45 F daytime high and 25 night time low. This varies alot as it doesn't freeze every night. At what point am I beat for this year? I don't think I want to leave everything as is until the spring as things will probably move over the winter. I suppose I could buy some straw and insulate after the pour, but that is more trouble for me and I am allergic to it?
Any advice on my hoped for late season pour?
Thanks
Jonathan
snipped-for-privacy@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Jonathan Mau) wrote:

Concrete generates its own heat, as it cures.
I've seen pours this time of year that were covered in sheet plastic, and a layer of straw, to cover it for a day or two.

25 F is fairly low temperatures even for a pour with antifreeze in it. I think you're probably looking at heating the garage for a fortnight, if you really want this done now.
Concrete is poured throughout winter in Canada, we get some bad winters.

Here's the FAQ from the Portland Cement Association:
http://www.cement.org/tech/cct_faqs.asp
See item 10.
-- Tom

Jonathan Mau ( snipped-for-privacy@FreeNet.Carleton.CA) writes:

Hello again:
Thanks for the comments guys. I found out why I can't get anyone to do this job any time soon: Hunting season starts Monday. I am new to rural living but apparently regular life shuts down for 2 weeks. Looks like I have 2 or 3 weeks to find some straw to insulate after the pour.
Jonathan