Concrete porch.

I have a 240 sq. ft porch that I would like to "paint". I found a product made by Quikrete that is an epoxy covering that looks like it would do the job. It comes in a kit with a cleaner and color flakes. Have any of you tried this product and if so, is it any good? My porch is covered and no sun hits it. Any info will help me make a decision. Thanks in advance... Chuck

If this has never been painted, think about acid stain. You can get all sorts of effects with that. Google acid stained concrete.
take a look at concrete stain better than paint it won't peel

"Chuck" wrote

Chuck, faced with a simular situation, I took a different route. Outdoor carpeting. It's not just that 'green plastic grass' stuff anymore. I have a multicolor berber one in the sunroom.
The epoxy coverings work well enough but dont look the same after a bit of time, even with no direct sun.
cshenk wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am in the epoxy business. Here is a info page on epoxy floor coatings that will give you a quick into into the many options etc. without pushing any particular product
www.epoxyproducts.com/floorcoatings.html
paul
Chuck wrote:

So you want to go from a no-maintainence surface to a lifetime maintainence problem?

Paint works, paint peels, Sherwin Williams has HC concrete stain, I did the garage floor in maybe 1986, its still there but worn from tires. Acid etching, power washing, is a must for any coating to last, but HC oil base wont peel, i dont know how it weathers in sun , but there are other concrete stains pros use, Something new and unique is Concrete Acid stain, google it. One you coat concrete you enter a loop you must repeat every so many years. Maybe a good bleach, then acid- rinse, power wash is worth considering, it will look new again.
For the staining idea, you can go to http://YouTube.com and do a search for ----> stain concrete
Here's one link that comes up that shows how to stain a concrete driveway:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV_YbUuNCY8

Chuck wrote:

I think that is the same stuff I used on my garage floor. It's got some scratches here and there but in general the stuff really sticks to the concrete well. I did the floor all the way out past the garage doors to the outside. The only problem is the outside part is very faded.