concrete patio settling -- consult pro?

on the front of our house we have a 30' x 5' slab of concrete that acts as a step and patio to the ft door. There is also a reqular sidewalk ahead of that to access the ft door.
The large slab has been settling down and away from the house (rotation..not sliding). There is now a 1"-2" crack btwn the house and slab. A thick application of caulking was applied when we bought the house in 2000.
Is this something to be concerned abt structurally? Could the rotation of the slap press against our bsmt walls and cause damage? Or is this mostly cosmetic? If I was to consult a pro, who would I look for?
Thx much,
its cosmetic due to improper base, talk to the city inspector, unless there was no permit taken, then talk to a contractor , it will be no problem for your house