Concrete patio

I live in Riverside, California (halfway between Los Angeles and Palm Springs).

My house is 35 years old.

Six or seven times during this period, I've applied UN-DILUTED Muriatic Acid to clean the concrete slab on my patio. Now the slab is now very rough (it hurts to walk on with bare feet).

Although I can't pour another thick layer of concrete over the existing slab, can I apply a thin overlay to cover the old, dirty, stained and pitted concrete to result in a smoother and good-looking slab?

Can a fairly-knowledgeable homeowner do this project? What product(s) are needed? What steps are involved? How durable is the overlay? (The concrete slab is hosed off several times a week to remove leaves and dirt. Also, the patio is surrounded by flower beds, potted plants are on the slab and hanging pots are above the patio. All get watered several times a week).

Reply to
gary

There are a lot of epoxy floor finishes for concrete. Some can be mask off to look like flagstone, brick, or spread out flakes on top to look like terrazzo.

RLM