CONCRETE PAINT

I am redoing a gym floor that is concrete about 34 feet by 34 feet. It was painted by someone ele and I don't know what kind of paint they put on it but, it has been on there two years and is being scuffed off.
What should be done prior to repainting and what kind of paint should I use??
2 part epoxy is best. Instructions are on the label.

Art wrote:

Exactly.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

No matter WHAT you do it will continue o fail.
Have you considered stripping it all off?
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

If it is flaking or chipping off, then I would agree. However if it is scuffing off (wear) then a good quality finish over the top following the instructions on the new material (which may say the prior paint must be removed) should be fine.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
GeWart wrote:

But if that step was skipped on the old paint, it will continue to flake up even if you put two part epoxy paint on top of it.

an acid wash, and then use poured epoxy flooring.