concrete pad

I'm pouring a 6'X9' concrete pad at the bottom of a set of wooden steps that has a concrete base that the steps sit on. Can I pour the pad against the existing contrete or do I have to put expansion material between them and if so what would I use?

Thanks Dan

Reply to
Dante Mincin

The only time that you would use expansion joint material is to prevent any concrete from being "trapped" in a no-expansion-allowed situation. This situation can happen when pouring between buildings, pouring around a building with pilasters, etc. Assuming your new pad is surrounded by grass, it is not trapped.

wooden steps

what would I

Reply to
DanG

Great...bought an IMER mixer in late Fall and this will be my first job.

Thanks Dan

Reply to
Dante Mincin

Hurry up. There is a concrete shortage happening (it is real..I am in the busiiness) and at the very least it will cost much more. Had price increase April 1st. Next one is June 1st. At the worst, you won't be able to get concrete.

NEVER FORGET!!!

jtees4