Concrete Laundry Sink

Hey guys, I just finished painting my laundry room. Everything turned out great, but now I have this ugly looking concrete double laundry sink. Very oldschool.

Could I paint this? What could I use on the inside of the tub? I was thinking there must be something I would coat the inside with, that will withstand the soap and water from the laundry machine.

A friend told me to buy a can of truck bedliner, prep the tub and spray it on. I'm just not sure.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Reply to
Leenders

They make cement paint. I painted the cone that leads up to the sewer manhole that is near my house with it 10 or 15 years ago, and the last time I looked at it (a few years ago?) it looked fine. AT least I thought it did. I'll go out and make a point of looking if you ask me to. It is light tan.

I'd be less concerned about the inside.

But if you insist on doing something,depeding on what other say, I might use the same cement paint. If it starts to come off, you should scrape it all off, or at least all that is loose, so it doesn't clog the sink.

I would be very reluctant to spray anything indoors. At least with paint, I'm not sure there is any way to stop the paint from going everywhere. Never used bedliner.

Reply to
mm

I'd say forget it, at least on the inside and the lip. Decades of soap scum and splash, especially if the washer hose runs the sink like was common in the old days, have thoroughly saturated that concrete. I doubt anything will stick without such a heavy grinding or acid wash, that you will kill the sink. In any case, laundry sinks are cheap- if the look of the old one offends you, you can probably bust it and remove it, and replace it with a modern plastic one, cheaper than you can clean and paint it.

aem sends...

Reply to
<aemeijers